October 8, 2008

Itinerary Iran

Entering Iran near Ashgabat, we head towards the holy city of Mashhad. From there, we head for Tehran, where we intend to meet Hanna's friend Maneli and her family. Continuing South to Kashan, Esfahan and Yadz, we make our way towards Shiraz and the ancient site of Persepolis.

From there, we return to first to Tehran and then head further north towards Qazvin, Zanjan and Tabriz, exiting Iran near Meghri in Armenia.



Timewise, this is quite an ambitious plan, which we very well may have to shorten a bit here and there, as our visa only permits us to stay in the country for 25 days. It's quite likely we'll extend our visa, but we'll see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your trip seems to be totally amazing. But for me it is enough with Korea and all the struggeling here to get understod. Doing surveys togther with yard people having almost no knowledge in Enlgish is challenging. Some know hardly more English then I know Korean (two words only). Take car!

Anonymous said...

I meant taka care!

Floris & Hanna said...

Hey Maria!

Well, I'm sure Korea is very interesting as well: it's an interesting country and getting out of the office for some "real work" is always a good idea.

Hope you have a good time "No Lice, No Powel"-stan!

Take care!

jngah said...

I've enjoyed skimming your Iran posts. I'm presently living in Shanghai and considering overlanding through Kazakh/Uzbekh/Turkmenistan to get into Iran, where I'll spend some time.

My main question is: if I have but 14 days to go from Teheran (or ) to the Turkish border (from where I'll leave) - what should I make sure to see? Thanks for any input!